R - Recreation
E - Employment
A - Academic Assistance
C - Communication Skills
H - Healthy Lifestyle Choices
Project REACH is a free afterschool youth development program for youth in Vista and Oceanside. It began in the mid-1990s and is still the most popular place to be after school.
At Project REACH, youth ages 12–18 get:
- A cool and safe place to hang out
- Prevention education and skills training (teen pregnancy, drug use and violence prevention)
- Nutritious snacks
- Help with homework and school projects
- College and career preparation
- A place where someone will listen
- Mentoring and service learning
To get involved:
- Call or stop by the center closest to you
- Meet the staff and other youth in the program
- Fill out an intake packet
- Come back and bring your friends!
Parents are invited to visit the sites and meet the staff. Free parent trainings are scheduled throughout the year on important topics such as how to communicate with your teen about difficult subjects, internet safety, drug prevention, and more.
REACH is located at:
- Libby Lake Community Center (upstairs) | 4700 North River Road, Oceanside
- Joe Balderrama Park | 709 San Diego Street, Oceanside
- Rancho Buena Vista High School | 1601 Longhorn Drive, Vista
For more information, please contact Program Manager Maria Yanez at 760-631-5000 x7140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.