Our CHOICES Teen Clinic is staffed by an expert team of medical doctors, nurses and counselors. And because we know that it’s sometimes easier to talk with someone your own age, our clinic uses a “peer model.” This means it’s staffed with other teens that have been trained in working with the issues teens face every day. Teen Clinic services are free and confidential for youth ages 12 to 19.
Follow us on:
Teen Clinic Services:
- Family planning
- Health education and counseling
- Birth control including Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs)
- Free condoms
- Emergency contraception (EC); also known as “the morning after pill,” Plan B or 72-hour pill
- HIV testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing
- Reproductive health visits for youth ages 12 – 19
- Sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment
Appointments and Teen Peer Providers
You can schedule an appointment by sending a text to 760-412-5331 and a Teen Peer Provider will help you.
We’re looking for teens, 16 years or older, who want to volunteer at the Teen Clinic. This is a great opportunity to gain work experience and make a difference in the lives of other teens. You’ll receive special training by our staff to register patients, provide health education, and conduct risk assessments. Call our Human Resources Department at (760) 631-5000 to learn more about volunteering. You might even be hired!