Vista Community Clinic (VCC) has launched Dads’ Club, a program to help fathers succeed in the work force, become self sufficient and forge close relationships with their children and family members.
Participants in Dads’ Club have access to a variety of free services and resources that will help them climb out of poverty and unemployment. Program features include:
- Guidance on how to improve engagement with their children, family members, and the community.
- Employment training and skills development to improve job opportunities and upward economic mobility.
- Referrals to social services agencies and programs to address mental health, substance abuse and trauma.
- Workshops in character building, communication, parenting and conflict resolution.
- Free enrollment assistance for health insurance and services such as CalFresh and CalWORKs.
Dads’ Club is funded by the New Pathways for Fathers and Families grant from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. It is staffed by a team of case managers, a workshop facilitator and a program supervisor.
If you’re interested in learning about how the Dads’ Club can help you strengthen your role as a father and your relationship with your child, please contact us. Call (760) 631-5000 x 7181 or firstname.lastname@example.org