Ms. Pateman’s background in maternal health led her to VCC. Shortly after beginning her work with us she went back to school to become a Nurse Practitioner. She believes that she makes an important impact in the lives of her patients by both providing preventive health screenings and family planning services. Ms. Pateman’s past experience includes working as an RN nurse in obstetrics, medical/surgery, rehab, psychiatry and telemetry in a hospital.
How do you help your patients “Choose Health”?
“I try to support my patients and encourage healthy habits that can enhance their sense of well-being. I believe that when a patient feels that their provider cares for them and listens to their concerns, they are more likely to follow the provider’s recommendations, leading to improved health.”
VCC Provider Since
- San Diego State University, Master of Science, Community Health Nursing
- University of California, San Diego, Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- University of British Columbia, Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- Registered Nurse, California Board of Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner Certificate, California Board of Nursing
- Public Health Nurse Certificate, State of California
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, International Board of Lactation Examiners
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center
Clinic Site Location(s)