Your doctor ordered Cologuard® for you because you are eligible for colon cancer screening.
Remember, if colon cancer is found early, we can do more to treat it.*
- will arrive at your home by mail.
- finds signs of colon cancer in your stool (poop).
- is fast and easy to use at home. You collect a sample and send it back.
- can be used by adults 45 years or older, with average risk for colon cancer.
- Your Cologuard kit will arrive by mail in a white box.
- Follow the instructions to collect your sample. (You don’t need to do anything to prepare.)
- Return your sample. Take it to a UPS® store or schedule a pick-up for free.
- Your doctor will call you when they get your results (usually within 2 weeks).
Important: Call your doctor if you have had health changes. You cannot use Cologuard if you have had:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Certain hereditary syndromes
- a history of colorectal cancer or
- a positive Cologuard test or colonoscopy
(Go to Cologuard.com/use) to watch a video that shows how to use Cologuard.
Questions? Call Exact Sciences 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-844-870-8870 or chat with someone at Cologuard.com.
Indications and Important Risk Information
Cologuard is intended to screen adults 45 years of age and older who are at average risk for colorectal cancer by detecting certain DNA markers and blood in the stool. Do not use if you have had adenomas, have inflammatory bowel disease and certain hereditary syndromes, or a personal or family history of colorectal cancer. Cologuard is not a replacement for colonoscopy in high risk patients. Cologuard performance in adults ages 45-49 is estimated based on a large clinical study of patients 50 and older.
Patients with a positive test result should be referred for colonoscopy. A negative test result does not confirm the absence of cancer. Patients with a negative test result should discuss with their doctor when they need to be tested again. False positives and false negative results can occur. In a clinical study, 13% of people without cancer received a positive result (false positive) and 8% of people with cancer received a negative result (false negative). Rx only.
* National Cancer Institute. Cancer stat facts: Colorectal Cancer. Accessed July 1, 2023. https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/colorect.html
Cologuard is a registered trademark of Exact Sciences Corporation.
© 2023 Exact Sciences Corporation. All rights reserved.