Our free health insurance assistance services are designed to help you apply for various public and private benefit programs that are available to low-income individuals. This includes insurance to help pay for medical and healthcare services, as well as food and utilities. We can help you apply for the following programs:
- Covered California (California’s Health Insurance Marketplace set up under the Affordable Care Act)
- CalFresh Food Stamps
- WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children)
- Referrals to other programs
- SDG&E CARE program to lower energy bills
- Other special programs
To schedule an appointment to apply for any of these services, call (760) 631-5000 x 0.
For a list of documents to bring to your enrollment appointment, please visit our New Patients section.
For a list of insurances that VCC accepts, please visit our Insurance section.
Covered California Health Plan Enrollment Assistance
As a Certified Covered California Enrollment entity, Vista Community Clinic offers free enrollment assistance to patients and community residents. Certified VCC enrollment counselors are available to assist both new and renewing Covered CA members. The service is free and open to all.
Enrollment appointments are available during normal business hours, evenings and Saturdays at all five VCC locations in Vista and Oceanside. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call VCC at (760) 631-5000 x 0.
VCC also hosts free, walk-in events during the Covered California open enrollment period where patients and community residents can receive information, get pre-screened and receive assistance to complete applications. No appointments are necessary.
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that all health care plans cover 10 essential health benefits:
- Preventive and wellness service and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision care
- Prescription drugs
- Laboratory services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency services
- Rehabilitation services and devices
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including, behavioral health treatment
Who is eligible?
Eligibility requirements vary based on program. Covered California offers a “Shop and Compare” online tool, which can help you understand eligibility.