Our VCC Enrollment Team continues to work and assist clients/families in need with the following programs listed below, updated with some changes during Covid-19.
- Medi-Cal renewals will continue for March, April and May uninterrupted.
- S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has stated that it will not consider testing, treatment, or preventive care related to COVID-19 in the public charge test, even if the health care services are covered by Medi-Cal.
- Anyone who meets Covered California’s eligibility requirements during Covid-19, which are similar to those in place during the annual open-enrollment period, can still sign up for coverage through June 30.
- We may also assist patients with income change or to report a job loss due to COVID-19.
- Benefits amounts have been temporarily increased in California to the maximum amount based on household size!
- USDA approved California joining the online shopping program. Cal-Fresh recipients are able to use their EBT card with Amazon and Walmart for food purchases.
- Effective April 1, 2020 the vast majority of interviews have been waived in San Diego County, and reporting has been waived except for changes in income.
- Cal-Fresh renewals will continue for April and May uninterrupted.
- CalWORKS renewals will continue for April and May uninterrupted.
- Walmart also accepts EBT for non-food item purchasing using CalWORKS cash benefits.
If you have any questions please call our Enrollment Line at 760-631-5000 ext. 7190.