We know how important women’s health is: not only for each woman as an individual, but also when it comes to family planning, pregnancy and raising a family. At minimum, women should visit the doctor on an annual basis. Our wide range of women’s medical services, in addition to community education and outreach programs, help make sure you have the resources you need to stay healthy.
- Pelvic exams
- Pap smears and follow up procedures for abnormal results
- NovaSure: endometrial ablation for women with heavy bleeding
- Essure: permanent pregnancy prevention through surgical procedure (performed on-site or at Tri-City Medical Center)
Breast Health and Cancer Screenings
- Clinical breast exams
- Mammogram referral
If you are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant, you and your baby’s health begin with the choices you make. When you choose VCC for your prenatal care, you are making the choice to receive the best care during pregnancy. By choosing VCC, you also lay the foundation for a healthy life for your child. We offer a comprehensive array of services geared to meet the needs of the mother and child at every stage of pregnancy. Our high quality medical care and education ensure that you and your baby are safe, happy and healthy.
- Medical appointments
- Personal care from a wide range of support service providers including health educators, nutritionists, prenatal counselors, social workers, childbirth educators
- Lactation education and support from our award-winning lactation support team, recipient of the internationally recognized IBCLC award.
- Prenatal non-stress test (NST)
- Prenatal ultrasound
- Dental appointments
Obstetrics and Postpartum Care
Our obstetricians are available at Tri-City Medical Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No matter what day or time you go into labor, we’ll be waiting for you!
- Delivery at Tri-City Medical Center
- Visit by a VCC pediatrician while at Tri-City Medical Center
- Assistance by VCC staff, while at Tri-City Medical Center, in coordinating all necessary appointments for mother and baby after hospital discharge
- Postpartum medical visit
- Pediatric care during the baby’s first weeks of life